Tuesday 6 September 2016

Tasty and simple vegan apple sauce cake


I have wanted to create and make a recipe using apple or apple sauce for some time. When I happened to come accross this recipe I knew I wanted to try making it. I have taken the idea and recreated it puting my own idea into it. You can make any recipe and get inspired and make it your own by adding or changing some ingredients, making it more interesting or different from original. I personally get inspired a lot by various recipes, photos, blogs, instagram where I get an idea for what I would like to create. I usually change it to put my mark on it or use my own ingredients, often different to make completely new creation or a product. I like to mix and match to see what works the best and how I can better and improve my recipes often trying to change when something does not work out well or is spoilt.
Get inspired with this one and feel free to make it your own where you can change or add different ingredients if you do not happen to have them at home or you are just feeling to make it with another taste or flavor.

I included my lovely niece Sofia into the shoot and the pics for this blog post. She gladly posed for me, without hesitation. Isnt she beautiful? 
 

So, here is the recipe for the cake I made:

Vegan apple sauce cake


Ingredients:
  • 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp ground flax seeds mixed with 4 tbsp water)
  • 1 and 1/2 cup apple sauce
  • 1 cup cane sugar (I used about 1/2 cup, you can use healthier alternatives, like coconut sugar)
  • 1/2 cup grape seed oil (I used olive oil, but recommend to use some oil with a milder taste)
  • 1 tsp vanilla powder
  • 1/2 cup chopped nuts
  • 2 and 1/2 flour blend (I mixed wholewheat, buckwheat, spelt and coconut flours)
  • 2 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp baking powder (preferably aluminium free)
  • 1 tbsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp nutmeg
  • 1/2 tsp all spice or cloves/ginger
  • 1/2 tsp sea/himalayan salt

Make flax eggs, mixing ground flax seeds with water and setting it aside.

Preheat the oven to 350*F/180*C.

Mix apple sauce and sugar together.

Add flax eggs, oil and vanilla.

Then add chopped nuts if you are using them. 

Mix rest of the ingredients in a separate bowl and add it to the wet ingredients. Do not over mix it.

Bake in 25x25 cm baking dish (or 20x20 if you want it to rise a bit higher) for 30-40 minutes, checking if it is ready or not. It may take longer depending on your oven.

This cake is great for breakfast too, or eaten with your afternoon coffee or tea as a dessert. You can also top it off with some home made sauce like I did, where I mixed some frozen strawberries, fresh blueberries, 1-2 tbsp maple syrup and 3 tsp of lemon juice.

As always, enjoy!






recipe addapted from tiaskitchen.com



1 comment:

  1. Oh haha
    You got a beautiful model :-)
    Sofia or Apple cake, who's more colorful I don't know

    ReplyDelete